Last updated: March 2018
Purposes and Consent
We collect, use, and disclose personal information to identify you, to determine your eligibility for credit, to maintain, manage and enforce our agreements with you, to deliver financing services to you, to collect on debts owed, to process payments, to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, and to provide high quality customer service in establishing and maintaining your account with us. We may also use your personal information to offer you products and services, as well as design and develop new products and services to serve you better. We generally collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, except as otherwise permitted or required by law. Note that consent may be express or it may be implied by your action or inaction. Note that you may refuse or withdraw your consent from collection, use or disclosure of some personal information at any time with reasonable notice, but in some cases doing so may limit or prevent us from providing you with financing services.
Types of Information
We may gather personal information about you in the following ways:
• Information you provide to us on applications and other forms, on our online service portal, and during your transactions with us, including your name, date of birth, contact information, social insurance number, employment information, insurance and financial information including assets, liabilities and income;
• Information you provide to us when you call us or communicate electronically with us with an inquiry about your account, our services, or for any other reason, including contact information or other information relevant to your question or your account.
• We may request information from consumer credit reporting agencies, collection agencies, financial institutes, employers, and creditors, related to credit history and creditworthiness;
• You may provide us your bank information, including account numbers, to process pre-authorized payments;
• With your consent or as otherwise permitted by law, we may obtain information about you from our affiliates, dealers, and other Audi entities or dealers with whom you interact; and
In order to provide services to you, we may share your personal information with third parties who provide services on our behalf or who provide information or services to you. We may share your personal information as follows:
• We may share your contact information and credit application status with a dealer upon your request to finance a purchase or lease transaction to allow the dealer to verify your identity and complete the transaction, as well as to facilitate warranty, recall and customer service obligations related to your purchase or lease;
• We disclose personal information to third parties to allow us to manage your account and the financing we extend, such as insurance tracking service provider who track your insurance policy and its renewal, vehicle and lien registration service provider, and credit reporting agencies, and financial institutes to process payments;
• We may disclose your personal information to companies we are affiliated with, such as our parent company who may use your personal information for purposes similar to ours;
• Third party service providers may need to access your personal information to help us to maintain accounts, prepare and issue invoices or statements, provide legal, accounting, marketing or other professional services, manage the site and app, providers that host or manage the data we collect, and otherwise facilitate the services we offer. Our third party service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than assisting with our business operations;
• As necessary to prevent, detect, defend against or investigate fraud, abuse, unauthorized account activity, or security breaches;
• With your consent; or
• As otherwise required or permitted by law.
For these purposes, including but not limited to managing your account [objects of the file], your personal information may be stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on our behalf both inside and outside of Canada by third party service providers or by companies in the Volkswagen Group corporate family, to perform functions on our behalf. As a result, that country's courts, governments or law enforcement agencies could obtain disclosure of such information under that country's laws.
We take our commitment seriously to keep secure the data you provide us and have implemented technological, procedural and physical safeguards commensurate with the sensitivity of the data we maintain to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration. We maintain your personal information only as long as is necessary for our business purposes or as required by law, and thereafter we either securely delete or destroy it.
With your consent or as otherwise permitted by law, we may share your contact information or other personal information with: (a) our affiliates (including Audi Canada, Inc.), or (b) non-affiliated third parties, such as financial service providers, Audi dealers, or other third parties with whom we conduct joint marketing efforts. These parties may use such information in order to offer you products and services, and otherwise improve the products and services offered to you. You may also choose to sign up to receive emails, texts or other electronic messages from us or our affiliates; you may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in each communication. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications electronically, we reserve the right to contact you by email in connection with your account or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Changes to this Policy